In the Guerrilla marketing series, we have discussed various marketing practice like Ambush Marketing, Ambient Marketing, Stealth Marketing, Reverse Graffiti. In this article, we will be discussing one of the oldest and most common marketing strategy Promotional Sticker Marketing.
Sticker marketing is one of the oldest and most effective ways of advertising a product and brand. Many products, brands, small businesses, and politicians have grabbed people’s attention using promotional stickers strategy. In Election, many Politicians and their marketing experts distribute free promotional stickers to run their campaign.
For the 2020 US presidential election Republican party is distributing free stickers to create awareness about the 2020 election and Donald Trump stating “Trump Make America Great Again “.
Small Business also uses sticker marketing strategies to spread awareness about their product. This article is all about, different ways stickers help a brand and small business in their growth. I’ll also explain how stickers and labels can create a bad impression on consumers about your brand or product.
Why small business diverts more on Sticker Marketing Strategy?
Since the 1800s, Sticker marketing is the most convenient and cost-effective way to market any product or brand logo. An attractive promotional custom sticker has always helped a brand in getting good business and spread awareness among customers. As it is cost-effective and more creative many small businesses divert on sticker marketing to get a good customer conversion.
There are Small businesses that create their brand logo and stickers according to their demographics which is said to be a smart marketing technique. Businesses consider age and location to be the main criteria in sticker promotion. There are times when a dull sticker and confusing message on the sticker can devalue your product or brand. But it is not always the case, businesses have to be smart and creative while creating their advertisement sticker.
Many companies around display their brand logo in the form of stickers on the car windshield as it grabs public attention. Public transport like Buses, trains, bikes, ships, airplanes have always been the best source in sticker marketing.
Mostly these stickers become eye-catchy during traffic when people are not left with options other than looking around. That is the time when people start observing your brand sticker. Even if there is something written in small fonts there are 80% chances that people will read it. Brands and small businesses stick flyers inside and outside the buses and trains to create awareness. Nowadays there are animated online stickers available which are becoming more popular among youngsters.
Stickers and labels can be used in various ways:
- Funny Stickers attract lots of customers and there are chances that people may start talking about the sticker with their friends and family.
- Promotional strikers come in different shapes and sizes that can be used on water bottles, windows, laptops, phones, and almost everywhere in public areas for promotion of the brand.
- Many brands print attractive or eye-catching line on stickers that can grab people’s attention and many times word of mouth help these attractive lines to spread awareness across people. The study says that word of mouth is 90% effective as people have more trust in word-of-mouth recommendations.
- Things like contact details, price, and product details can be placed on stickers to provide information to the customer.
- As sticker marketing is cost-effective, brands find it easy to advertise on roadshows, events, and seminars. According to the demographics, modification can be done in different events. Advertisers don’t have to pay a hefty amount during the modification made in stickers.
- Sticker marketing can also help advertisers in promoting a new offer or promo code of a company. Stickers can be pasted on the flayers.
- Stickers can be used in making sales and creating brand image.
Examples of Sticker Marketing
Pedigree (Promotional Sticker Marketing Creative marketing ideas)
Batman Begins Movie (Promotional Sticker Marketing Creative marketing ideas)
Canon Waterproof Camera (Promotional Sticker Marketing Creative marketing ideas)
Nathan Necklace (Promotional Sticker Marketing Creative marketing ideas)
Australian Police (Promotional Sticker Marketing Creative marketing ideas)
Wilkinson (Promotional Sticker Marketing Creative marketing ideas)
Check out More examples of promotional sticker marketing to make your concept more clear.
In case you want a creative edge for your business and looking for a creative agency, you can reach out to us to make your online business stand out from the crowd.