Do you want to create a landing page in WordPress that attracts more leads? Creating a custom WordPress landing page is not as difficult as you may think. Thanks to various landing page builder plugins like elementor and beaver builder available in WordPress.
“About Us: SFWP Experts is an award-winning Los Angeles WordPress website design company specialized in offering conversion-centric custom web design services to all sizes of businesses. Our professionals can create highly effective and fully responsive eCommerce as well as a standard website. We at SFWP Experts have a team of content writing and marketing experts, dedicated to delivering high-quality and fact-based content to educate our audience about the latest trends, tools, tips, and more.“
A leaning page allows you to grow your email list and generate more leads by getting your site visitor’s personal info. But getting user info is not easy as many site owners think. For that you need to have an intuitive landing page and persuading lead magnet.
Your landing page promotes your lead magnet which means you should offer a lead magnet that relates with your site visitor and creates a landing page design that attracts your customer’s attention. The above statistic will give you a brief idea of the impact of including and using the number of landing pages for lead generation.
No matter what type of website you have whether it an eCommerce website or blogging website or a standard service offering website creating an attractive and persuading landing page can assist you in converting your site visitors into an email subscriber
In this article, we will be helping you in creating a custom WordPress landing page that will help you to advertise your ebook, guide, checklist, and all the other lead magnets. Remember most of the marketer around generate a new landing page for the new marketing campaign so having a landing page is one of the essential respect of a successful website.
If are looking for the best live chat plugin for your WordPress website then check our blog on 13 Best Live Chat Plugins In WordPress (2020) To Optimize Customer Experience
What is the landing page?
A landing page is a stand-alone page that is built considering specific purposes like boosting sales, generating more leads, acquiring new email id, and more. Mainly landing pages are used to advertise lead magnets or incentives like ebook, checklist, discount coupon, and many more.
There are many companies and businesses out there that are using a landing page to offer and promote incentives through various marketing channels like paid marketing (PPC), emails, social media, anchor text, and many more.
Even if you are guest posting on another website you can embed a link of your landing page into your blog to increase your conversions. Therefore if you have an attractive lead magnet that relates to users and assists them in solving their problems. Then create an attractive landing page to increase the reach of your lead mange.
If you want to know how you can create an effective lead magnet then check our blog on 6 Tips On Creating An Effective And Enticing Lead Magnet
Don’t get confused between the landing and the homepage of your website. Landing pages are the standalone page where you want your visitors to land through SMM, paid ads, or through third-party traffic. Whereas your homepage acts as the entrance of your website where your user’s land after they type in your website name, domain URL, or targeted keyword of your website.
Points to know before creating a custom WordPress landing page:
Before creating an attractive and persuading landing page for your website it is recommended to know characteristics that can enhance your landing page appearance. Because when it comes to the WordPress landing page, creating every small detail matters.
The main aim of a landing page is to attract customers’ attention and persuade them to enter their details like email id, name, phone number, and more. So to convert your visitor into one of your subscribers you have to design a landing page that relates to the user.
Yes, your lead magnet effectiveness also plays an important role but remember your landing page will highlight your lead magnet, which means you need to craft a landing page that can hold your visitor’s attention, make them read your key information, and persuade them to enter details.
Crafting an eye-catchy WordPress landing page will surely help you in fulfilling your desire. Below we have mentioned some important tips and points that you should consider and implement while creating a landing page for the WordPress website.
1. Create compelling Call To Action button
Your CTA button or link on your landing page is the place where your users are going to click. That’s why it is important for you to create a compelling call to action button and place it in the right position that can grab your users/visitors’ attention. And don’t forget to include an actionable word like download now, sign up, and get it for free, free download, and more. Their type of action word makes your landing page more effective and impactful.
2. Advertise you CTA at the top and bottom of your landing page
By this characteristic we don’t ask you to repeatedly place your CTA at every corner. These types of practices can frustrate the user. You can imagine a scenario where you land at a web page where you find various CTA (more than 5) placed on the same page and every CTA redirects you to the same page or serves the same purpose. Sounds irritating right?
Yes it is, don’t get too greedy yours users are smart enough to identify how to navigate a landing page. Place the Call To Action (CTA) at the top and bottom of the landing page.
3. Improve your color schemes
We don’t have to expand why color schemes are important for a landing page. When we talk about how to create a landing page that relates to the user then the first and foremost point pops up in every site owner’s mind is selecting a persuading color.
The color you use on your landing page as well as in your CTA will pay a crucial role in attracting your users/visitors’ attention. You have to do some research to identify the best color for your landing page and it well worth spending time in selecting the color wisely.
4. Don’t include too many outbound links
One of the common mistakes carried out by most of the site owners is embedding outbound links and navigation bars into the landing page. Displaying too many outbound links can confuse your user/visitor and there are chances that you may fault to achieve the main purpose of creating the landing page.
If you are integrating your website link on your landing page then your user may show interest in clicking on the displayed link. But these types of practices reduce the chances of fulfilling the main goal and purpose. That’s why if you are creating a landing page then don’t include too many outbound links.
5. Use video in your landing page
To make your landing page more attractive you can include a short video. There are many studies that say embedding video on the landing page attracts visitor attention and it also encourages them to perform the desired action.
Your short video can be a brief intro about lead magnet or about your product and services. But make sure you are not using video to adversity your product or website.
Creating a landing page in WordPress using Elementor and Beaver Builder
Today creating a landing page and using it to advertise lead magnet has become an essential aspect of every successful marketing strategy. Crafting an attractive and persuasive landing page in WordPress is not a mountain breaking process thanks to a different landing page builder plugins available in WordPress.
Using these plugins you can easily create an effective and converting landing page to increase your email list, subscribers, sales, and many more. These plugins allow you to create a landing page without even touching a single bit of code. This means even if you don’t have any prior coding knowledge then also you can create a highly converting landing page.
There are various popular landing page builders like
- Beaver Builder
- WP Lead Capturing Page
- WP ProfitBuilder
In this article, we will help you in identifying how you can create an attractive landing page using Elementor, beaver builder, and lead pages.
Create a Landing page in WordPress using Elementor
Elementor is one of the well known freemium WordPress plugins that allows you to create landing pages as well as customize your website pages. If you are a beginner without any prior coding knowledge and looking to create an attractive and highly convertible landing page then elementor should be your first choice.
Mainly if you are planning to shift your physical business to online then elementor will surely help you in fulfilling your desire with low to no investment. Using the below steps you can create a basic landing page through free templates. However if you wish to create an advanced landing page that is offered by top companies and websites then you can shift to elementor pro where you can access premium templates and customization features and more.
So, let’s dive in and see how you can create a landing page using the Elementor plugin.
Step 1: Install and Activate Elementor into your WordPress dashboard
Installing and Activating the Elementor plugin in your WordPress is not a difficult process.
- Firstly you have to log into your WordPress dashboard.
- Next navigate to the Plugins menu in the left sidebar for your WordPress dashboard.
- Click on the Add new under plugin menu.
- In the right corner, you may find a search bar click on that and type in elementor
- After the search result appears to click on the install button
- Next click on activate to add elementor in your WordPress dashboard
- After the activation is completed you can find an Elementor menu on your left side of your
Step 2: Create a landing page for your WordPress website using Elementor
After Installing and Activating elementor on your WordPress website next you can start creating a landing page for your website.
- To create a landing page go to the Page menu in your WordPress dashboard
- Click on Add New under the page menu in your WordPress dashboard
- Then you will be redirected to your WordPress page template there you can find a tab called Edit with Elementor.
- Click on the Edit with Elementor tab to access the landing page builder features offered by Elementor.
- But Before clicking on edit with the elementor tab go to the template section and select Elementor Canvas in the right sidebar of your WordPress page template. (It will act as the default template for your page which will remove all the extra elements, links, and navigation menus from your web page and give you a Blank Page. So that you can create a landing page that reflects your business and meets your desire.
Step 3: Select your template
After Setting up the WordPress page template now you are ready to click on edit with the elementor tab to create an effective and impactful landing page for your website.
- After clicking on edit with elementor you will be redirected to the elementor interface where you can click on the left gear icon and select elementor canvas to access the black page.
- To add elements to your landing page click on the folder icon
- Next, a pop up will appear to add menus like Blocks, pages, and my templet
- So you can build your landing page in two ways. Either you can do it manually by adding every single block using its drag and drop feature or you can select the pre-built landing page templates.
Doing it manually can be a time taking process there chances that you may fail to create the type of landing page you desire. If you are a beginner then we recommend you to go with free pre-built templates available in the elementor library. As it can save a lot of time and while customizing your landing page you can be more creative.
In the template menu you can navigate to the search bar to find the landing page template. There are both free and paid templates available and depending on your requirement you can select the template for the landing page.
Step 4: Create your landing page manually
If You are selecting a landing page template then you can easily customize each and every element and add extra elements like video, audio, text, row, link, and many more into your landing page.
Not only that but Ellementor also allows you to duplicate the row and remove the unnecessary row and column from the landing page. But in this article we will help you in creating a WordPress landing page from scratch.
To create a landing page manually
- Firstly you have to select the structure of your landing page design. While operating the elementor you will get different options to select multiple columns.
- Elementor builder allows you to access up to six columns but if you are creating a landing page then it is recommended to select a structure containing either one or two columns.
- After selecting your structure next you have to style and add elements to your landing page
- On the left, you can find the page builder element offered by the elementor from there you can add elements into your landing page.
- To access the style menu navigate to the bottom there you can find the setting symbol click on that to add a background, image, and more elements into your landing page. Not only that but it also allows you to add a gradient, color, and background video into your landing page.
- If you wish to add and edit padding and margins then you can switch tabs to the Advanced menu.
- Once you are done adding and modifying the style and advance section then you can return back to the page-builder Elements to add the description and other text elements. You can do it by dragging and dropping heading and text editor elements onto your landing page design.
- Once you are done then your landing page design is completed and next you have to add a subscription form to collect your visitor’s email id.
Step 5: Add subscription form and publish your landing page
We are creating landing pages manually so after completing your design next you have to add a subscription form to get your visitor’s email id and other info. If you are using the pro version of Elementor then there are builtin subscription forms available that you can easily integrate and create an attractive subscription form. Next you have to connect with your email marketing tool.
However if you are using a free version of Elementor then you can follow the below process to create a subscription form for your landing page.
- Go to your email marketing service provider (like Mailchimp, Constant Contact) dashboard to create the subscription form for your website.
- If you are using MailChimp then you can easily create and modify your subscription form.
- You can click on create a signup form on the top then you will be redirected to a new tab where you will menus like classic, super slim, horizontal, naked, and advanced.
- In the classic menu, you can select the tab that you want to include in your sign up for. It also allows you to check the preview for the subscription form.
- Next after creating your form copy the code and paste it into your landing page builder.
- To embed the code you can go back to your elementor page builder tab under elements you can find an option called HTML
- Drag and drop the HTML element into your landing page and paste the code that you have copied.
- Now on the left side of your landing page preview section, you can see a fully created landing page. If you know how to write and implement CSS code then you can make your landing page more attractive and compelling.
- Now after completing all the processes you are ready to publish your landing page and advertise your lead magnet.
Create a WordPress landing page using Beaver Builder
Beaver Builder is one of the popular, powerful, and best landing page plugins in WordPress. Its user-friendly interface makes it easy for the site owners to create an effective and highly converting landing page for a website. There are various ready-mades templates available that you can use while creating your landing page.
So without any further delay let’s dive in and see the steps that can help you to access Beaver builder and create a WordPress landing page.
Step: 1 Integrate, Activate And Configure Beaver Builder Plugin
Before getting into the installation part we would like to highlight that the installation process of Beaver builder is different from Elementor.
- Firstly you have to visit their website and buy the plugin license key (copy the license as you use the key while configuring Beaver builder in the WordPress dashboard).
- Next after the purchase you will get a zip file that you have to download and integrate into your WordPress dashboard. Don’t worry, it’s not a difficult process.
- Just visit your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the plugin section and on the top you will find a button displaying Upload plugin.
- You have to click on that next you will be redirected to the plugin upload form.
- Click on choose file then select the downloaded zip and hit the install button.
- Next click on Activate plugin.
After activating the plugin
- Go to Setting in your WordPress dashboard
- In the subcategory of settings you can Page Builder option.
- Click on that to configure Beaver Builder for your WordPress website.
- The Page Builder option will redirect you to the configuration page where you will find an option called License in the left sidebar.
- Click on that then hit Enter the license button to add the license key. (you can find your license key in the beaver builder user account).
- After adding the license key you may find a heading at the top displaying Update & Support Subscription – Active which, can you have successfully configured Beaver builder in WordPress.
Step 2: Start Creating Your Landing Page
After installing, activating, and configuring the plugin in your WordPress dashboard in the left widget you may find an option called Beaver Builder. This means you are ready to craft a landing page for your WordPress website.
To create your first landing page follow the below process:
- Go to the Page menu in your WordPress dashboard
- Click on add new page
- Then a new WordPress page template will appear with a Beaver builder tab on the top beside the text editor as per your theme. (today most of the WordPress themes involves page builder or full-width templates which are designed to access a blank page)
- Next in the right sidebar of your WordPress page template you will find an option called templates. Select the full-width option or page builder form the box. (save the changes)
Now you are ready to design and craft your landing page
- After selecting the Page Attribute in the right sidebar. Assign a title for your landing page then click on the Beaver builder tab.
- Next you will be redirected to the beaver builder interface that will help you to select the template and design the landing page.
- As shown in the figure you will find the same interface where on the left you can see “Drag a layout or module to get started option)
- And In the right, you will find page builder elements like Module, Rows, Templates
- For the left page builder element you can easily drag and drop the module or row layout to the left side.
- Selecting every element individually can be time taking process and it is a trial and error method
- Instead you can go to the templates and select the ready-made templates offered by beaver builder.
Selecting templates for your landing page
- In the right page builder element, you can navigate to template option
- From the group dropdown menu, you can select the landing page
- Next, you can find the list of ready-made professional templates that you can select for building you landing page
- Select a template that reflects your website as well as brand image
- After selecting a template beaver builder will create the same layout on the preview window (on your left).
Step 3: Customization
After selecting a template for your WordPress landing page next you have to customize your layout to make it look more effective and eye-catchy. Customization of the landing page is one of the interesting processes where you are free to select and edit your landing page to fulfill your desire.
As we have told earlier, the beaver builder offers a user -friendly interface which means you can easily customize every element of your template by just clicking on it. you just need to style the element and make it look more familiar to your website or brand.
Using its customization tab You can easily change your heading, text style, alignment, background color, and many more. It also allows you to adjust and set the perfect height and width of your row and columns.
If you wish to change the image used in your temple then you can easily edit the image and change it with an image you want to place. If you don’t want any of the elements to be included in your landing page like a row, module, and more Then you can easily do it by clicking on the cross mark on that particular element.
Not only that but it allows you to duplicate the same content block, row, module, and more. This means if you are planning to place the same content block on the button of your landing page theme you just have to click on the duplicate icon. You can access all those just by hovering your mouse or placing your cursor on the particular element.
Step 4: Add Rows and Modules
If you wish to add a new row into your landing page then you can easily do it through the page builder element. To access it you can navigate to the top right corner there you can find the “+” symbol (Add icon) click on that to add a new row into your landing page.
Not only that but you can also multiple columns as shown in the picture. To do that you need to select the column option in the Group drop-down menu. Next you will find various types of columns you can drag and drop on your landing page. If you wish to add right or left sidebar then you can do it from the same option.
Next in the module tab you will get the content element that can enhance your landing page appearance. It allows you to add audio, video, buttons, text editor, heading, and more. Using the module you can add a short educational video about your website or product to make your landing page more effective.
After completing all the customization process you can click on the Done button on the top right corner. Next, click on save the draft and publish to see the changes in your landing page using a beaver builder.
Landing Pages are one of the essential aspects of growing an email list and subscribers. It helps in promoting and increasing the reach of your lead magnet. A combination of effective lead magnet and compelling landing can help you to improve your website visitors, sales, subscriber, and more.
With the advancement in technology creating a landing page in WordPress for a beginner is not a difficult task. Using our step by step landing page creation process you can easily craft a landing page that will help you to increase your lead magnet. In the future blog, we will give in-depth detail about how you can create landing pages using other plugins like Leadpage, Wix, and more.
Frequently asked questions
1. Can I create a landing page in WordPress?
Yes you can easily create a landing page in WordPress using various landing page builder plugins available for all types of websites. Elementor and Beaver builders are one of the best and popular WordPress landing page plugins. Its user-friendly interface makes it easy for the new beginner to create a landing page without even accessing a single bit of code. Using paid and free templates site owners can easily create and customize their landing page.
2. What is the popular landing page builder?
Creating a custom WordPress landing page is not as difficult as you may think. Thanks to various landing page builder plugins available in WordPress. There are various popular landing page builders available like
- Beaver Builder
- WP Lead Capturing Page
- WP ProfitBuilder
3. How much does it cost to build a landing page?
It totally depends on what type of landing page your building for your website. There are plugins like elementor that can be used to build a landing page for free without putting any money. And there are landing pages that cost between $75 to $600 depending on the elements you are using in your landing page. There are Enterprise level companies spending $3000 and more to design and build a landing page for PPC.
4. How do I create a free landing page?
Creating a landing page for free is not as difficult as other website owners think. If you are using WordPress then using elementor you can easily create a landing page for your website. Just you have to select the template for the library and customize the template to make it look more attractive and impactful. If you want to know the in-depth process of creating a landing page manually then you can check this article.
5. How much does beaver builder cost?
Most of the people around get confused that the beaver builder is a free WordPress plugin. Well it’s not, if you Planning to integrate Beaver builder in your WordPress dashboard then the standard license will cost you $99. However if you want to access its pro features then you have to pay $199 which will come with various premium themes and WordPress multisite capability. If you have an enterprise-level business then you can opt for their agency plan that comes for $399.
6. Does the beaver builder work with every theme?
If we talk about the compatibility of beaver Builder with WordPress themes then most of the beaver builder users don’t find any compatibility issue with WordPress. If you are planning to opt for a beaver builder for creating a WordPress landing page then it can be a good option as you can find the beaver builder tab while creating a web page and landing page for your website. Its user-friendly interface makes it easy for the new beginner to assess its customization features.
7. Which is better: Divi or Elementor?
Divi is a cost effctive lading page builder where you don’t have to put in more money but if you are a beginner then its interface will be difficult to access. On the other hand Elementor is a popular and widely used plug-in that allows you to customize your page and create an effective landing page for your website. it comes with both free and paid version and its user-friendly interface makes it the best plug-in for the beginner as well as experts. Elementor premium version is a bit costly than Divi. If you are not a beginner and have good knowledge of code then DIVI can be the best for you or else you can opt for Elementor to build your web pages and landing pages
8. What is the difference between the landing page and the homepage?
The landing page and homepage of a website have different roles to play. Landing pages are the standalone page where you want your visitors to land through SMM, paid ads, or through third-party traffic. Whereas your homepage acts as the entrance of your website where your user’s land after they type in your website name, domain URL, or targeted keyword of your website.