Ecommerce websites and the number of online shoppers are continuously increasing every year. Because ecommerce industry has made it easy for users to easily buy the product by sitting at their homes. If you are reading this article then you must be having a fully functioning ecommerce website design for your business. But somehow your website might be failing to offer the result you expect from it.
Not only your business but there are many businesses out there who come across the same common problem. One main reason why most eCommerce websites fail to convert their customers is that the product page design fails to meet user expectations. That is the reason why most businesses today look to hire an experienced website design company that can help them to create a product page that not only matches their expectation but also encourages them to perform the desired action.
If your product page is failing to offer the desired results then we recommend you to stick till the end of this article as we are going to highlight some of the best and proven tips that you can consider to enhance your product page design. Remember the website accessibility and responsiveness is another factor that may affect your website traffic and conversion. If you wish to enhance your ecommerce website accessibility and responsiveness then make sure to check our blog on
Ecommerce Website Accessibility: 7 Proven Tips To Follow In 2021
How To Create a Mobile-Friendly Ecommerce Website? (10 Effective Tips To Follow In 2021)
An Overview of Ecommerce Product Page Design
The product page of every ecommerce website is one of the most important elements which can decide the success and failure of the website. Undoubtedly the homepage of your website is important and needs to be designed beautifully and strategically to create a positive impression. That is the roens why businesses look to hire an experienced website design company for their ecommerce website. Apart from the homepage, the robust check-out form is the key to make the button for your sales funnel more effective.
But today users that are looking for a specific product may land directly on your product page and if they are failing to get a positive impression from your website then they may bounce back from your website design. There are high chances that users might look for the same product on other websites and never return back on your website for future purchase as well. That is the reason why it’s said the product page of every ecommerce website has a greater impact on the website sales and conversion.
After a shopper lands on your product page then they evaluate multiple things like the product image, various buttons, information offered, and many more. Most of the time design makes it difficult for the shopper to evaluate the page that leads to a higher bounce rate and lower conversion. Remember if your product page design is not optimized then even the most effective, helpful, and revenue-generating product may fail to generate results. When creating the product page you need to think beyond your goal to meet the user’s expectations.
The more relatable your site visitors will feel after landing on your website design the higher chances will be to convert them into paying customers. You must be aware of the fact that the number of e-commerce websites is continuously increasing and every online store has the same goal to drive maximum traffic and conversion on the website. If your product page design is failing to convince site visitors then they will look for some other options without having any seconds.
If you are someone facing issues in driving traffic and conversion on your website then we recommend you to go through every point that we are going to highlight in the coming paragraphs. Using the below-mentioned points you will not only be able to optimize your product page design but also ensure that every shopper landing on your product page is easily able to engage with your ecommerce website design.
Tips To Improve Product Page Design For Better Results
1. Start with conducting a small research
Before you start designing your product page or start optimizing your product page design it’s essential to look at and find the answer to multiple questions. Or we can say there are few basic things that you can look at before redesigning your product page:
- Target Audience: Whether you are creating an ecommerce website or any kind of website for your business is essential to know about your target market audience. In your view, your product might be highly helpful and can help shoppers in a number of ways. But to make your product page more effective and conversion-centric you need to match your target audience’s needs and expectations. It can only be achieved when you perform in-depth target audience research. The better you understand whom you are selling to the higher chances will be to offer a relatable page to the audience. That is the reason why it’s said identifying and learning about your target audience is the first step toward setting a successful business.
- Brand identity: The next thing you can look at is the brand identity what your brand’s core values are? What tone of voice your brand is making use of? And most importantly what makes your website and business different from competitors? The more you understand your brand identity the easier it will become for you to offer a seamless user experience. Not only that but you will be able to engage more and more customers and build a strong relationship that can last a lifetime. Once you successfully identify your brand identity then make sure it is present on every product page. Right from the tone of writing to selecting the style, color, photos, and more. Make sure your product page reflects your brand identity.
- Color scheme: Another important thing that we recommend you to do is select the right color scheme for your ecommerce website and product page. Not to mention but the color you select for your ecommerce website can say a lot about your brand and product. Not only that but it can also encourage every site visitor to trust your brand and perform the desired action. If you are running a website for a long time then you must be aware of the fact that consistency is the key. If you are creating your ecommerce website then it is always recommended to be consistent across pages. That is the reason why most businesses today look to hire an experienced website design company for their business because they are aware of the fact that the end product will surely help them to drive maximum results.
Knowing the ins and outs of the above-mentioned points will only help in making the product page design process easy but will ensure that the end product is highly effective and helps you to drive results.
2. Make use of high-quality images
Not to mention but an ecommerce product page contains a number of things right from product descriptions to different CTA’s and more. Apart from that, there is one important thing that can decide the conversion of your product page “Images” that you use on your product page. Today the images have become one of the crucial factors that can decide the conversion of your website. The text content you offer will help users to get detailed about your product but the main conversion will happen only when shoppers start engaging with the product images.
The way you display the product image will decide whether the user will perform the desired action or not. When it comes to displaying product images then it is always recommended to make use of multiple images for your eCommerce website. Many times when shoppers land on your eCommerce website then they are not aware of the product’s appearance that is when they look for the product image. Apart from that most of the shoppers look to get detailed information about the product from different angles.
Offering them a clear view of the product from different angles will automatically enhance your ecommerce product page. A minimum of 3-4 images will help you to offer a clear view of the product. Before adding the image make sure you are making use of high-quality and optimized images. When selecting the image for your product page we recommend you go through multiple factors:
- Shoppers should be able to get a crystal clear view of the product.
- You can look into the size of the images, most of the time small and cluttered image drives users away from the website.
- Instead of using stock photos, make use of customized images
- Make sure you are following the consistency in quality and size of images across all the pages.
If any of your products come in different variants like in color and pattern then we recommend not to hesitate when showcasing your product. One of the most effective ways to showcase a more detailed version of the product is by taking a clear shot of the product. This way you will be able to showcase the texture, quality, and pattern to offer a more realistic feel to your audience.
If you are getting your ecommerce website designed and redesigned by an experienced website design company then you do not have to worry about images as they will ensure to create and offer product pages that not only enhance its appearance but also encourage site visitors to take action on your website.
3. Create a clear call to action button
The call to action button in your product page design plays a crucial role in deciding whether shoppers landing on your ecommerce website will become your paying customer or not. Every ecommerce website has one common goal to achieve, to drive maximum conversion on the website. So to encourage users to click on “the add to cart button” or “the buy now button”, you need to look at making your call to action button more persuasive.
The call to action button on your product page is a crucial part of a customer’s journey starting from browsing to buying. Encouraging shoppers to hit the CTA is the main goal of every product page that is the reason why it’s said to have a CTA that is clearly visible and accessible. When creating the CTA your goal should be to create and offer a design that helps you to separate your business from the crowd.
When creating the CTA we highly recommend you to focus on the area around the CTA and make it uncluttered so that your button is clearly visible to your audience. It will not only make your design effective and conversion-centric but also help in enhancing your marketing strategy and driving maximum results from it. When creating the CTA and placing it on your product page you can consider the below-mentioned points:
- Make sure the CTA you are creating is placed high up on the page so that it grabs user attention and makes it more clearly visible.
- The next thing you can look into is selecting the bright and contrasting color for the CTA. This way you will be able to highlight the CTA and encourage more users to take action on your website design.
- The size of the CTA button is another factor that can decide whether users landing on your website design will be able to access the CTA or not. It will mainly help users accessing your website design from mobile devices.
- The most important thing that can decide whether a user landing on your ecommerce website will convert or not is the language you use inside your CTA. We recommend not to be much creative until you have something that can encourage site visitors to take action on your website design.
If you are hiring an experienced website design company then you don’t have to worry about website CTA as they will ensure that your website design is optimized in every small aspect and offer the best user experience that encourages site visitors to take action on your website design.
4. Make sure you are offering clear pricing
Most of the time ecommerce website designs are more focused on the title, description, images, and overall design of the product page. But they forget one of the most important facts that when userland on an ecommerce website then the first thing they look at is the product image. After that their eyes directly go on to the pricing of the product. This is the place where most of the businesses end up losing their customers to other ecommerce websites. The pricing of the product needs to be displayed clearly so that users are easily and effortlessly able to know the pricing of the product.
No shopper will show interest in buying the product if they are not able to get a detailed idea about the pricing of the product. You might be offering an effective and helpful product and services to your audience but if they are not clear about the pricing then they will not show interest in engaging with your product. Even if the product price is expensive you need to put all your efforts into creating a product page design that allows users to know the pricing.
Some of the effective ways to make your price start out from the crowd are by making use of large fonts, contrasting colors, and highlighting the discounts if offered. The price of the product should be designed in a way that grabs the user’s attention quickly. Mainly if your pricing is highly competitive in the market then you need to put more effort into highlighting the price. As you will be able to convert more site visitors.
If you are getting your website designed by an experienced website design company then you don’t have to worry about your product page design as they will ensure to create and offer the best ecommerce website designs that drive maximum traffic and conversion on your website.
5. Add different color/size options
If your product comes in different variants then it’s always recommended to highlight these variants to make it easily accessible to shoppers. It has become common to expect different variants of products in terms of shape and size. But most of the time the product page design makes it difficult for shoppers to get proper access to these variants. Mainly users accessing the product page from mobile devices come across these kinds of issues.
That’s the reason why we recommend making it easy for shoppers to access those variants. Product size is one of the common variants present in almost every product page. You must have created a separate tab to display different variants of the product page, the same you can do with the product color if it has one. The more user-friendly interface you are able to create an offer, the more shoppers will show up for future purchases.
6. Make the title easily readable
Many new ecommerce websites like to experiment with titles with the goal to grab more user’s eyes but instead, users get confused and leave the website without performing any action. Remember the information is something that every shopper looks to know. You might be offering the best images but still, many shoppers read titles to find the product details. Some of the ecommerce websites commit a mistake by adding more text in the title.
Well, when you start to create the product page title then it’s always recommended to consider what shoppers will look at when reading the title. Because every online shopper is aware that below image they will be getting a detailed description of the product. No matter how compelling the product page you are creating and offering to your audience if the title or the product name is not clear then the user will never show interest in taking action on your website.
The title you use will appear in the product as well as on the category page so you need to ensure that every user landing on your website is easily able to understand the purpose of the product. If users landing on the category page are easily able to read and understand the purpose of the page then they will not hesitate to click and check your products.
When creating the title of your product we recommend you offer a detailed idea about what the product is? It will not only help you to convince users to take action but will also allow you to get a better ranking on the search engine result page. So when it comes to titles, try to keep them short and simple. Make use of large and simple text that makes it easy for the shoppers to read the text.
If you are getting your website designed by an experienced website design company then you don’t have to worry about the product page as they will ensure to create and offer a design that not only encourages users to engage with the online store but also persuades them to take action on your website.
7. Write a captivating product description
Today most ecommerce websites focus on adding more features and photos to their product page. Undoubtedly the photos you add to your product page will play a major role in deciding whether users will take action on your website or not. But today shoppers need more information about the product before they make their purchase. That is the reason why you need to consider the product description design when creating the product page wireframe.
The more clear description you offer to your audience the easier it will become for you to convert them into paying customers. In the description box, you can add multiple tabs and categorize the section so that shoppers are more effectively able to engage with the description. You can create a separate tab that tells users about how the product can be used and how it can benefit them.
Remember you can add the description of the product in two different ways either in the long or short description. The long description doesn’t mean taking the whole page to display the description. Instead, you can divide it into tabs to make it easy for the user to consume the content. When it comes to a short description rather than from the name you can easily recognize that it’s more about offering a summary of the product which can be used for the category page.
So let’s take a look at how you can create long and short descriptions for your product page.
How to write long and short descriptions for the product page?
Now that you are aware of how you can display the product description in two different ways, the next thing that you must be looking to know is how to create long and short descriptions for a page? Not to mention but the long description will contain every small detail about the product whereas the short description will have fewer words compared to ling open but will play a major role in the whole shopping process.
- When you start to create a long description it’s highly recommended to offer every small detail about including the material quality, size, and many more.
- Make sure to highlight the important information on the tops as most of the shoppers avoid getting every small detail about the product.
- Instead of reading more and adding all the information in the same place, we recommend you make use of tabs for a better shopping experience.
- When creating the long description keep in mind that it will be the only source that will help users to get detail about the product so avoid using jargon and make the text size easily readable.
- Make sure to add the target keyword in the product description as it will play another factor in getting a higher ranking on the search engine result page.
- Once you successfully create the long description then it will automatically become easy for you to pick the important points for your short description.
- When creating the short description for your product page we recommended you highlight the important points at the beginning. This way you will be able to grab the user’s eye quickly.
- Make sure to highlight the product key attribute for more effective results
- Create a short and compelling description that encourages users to explore more about the product they are viewing.
- Make use of words that sells
- Avoid using too much jargon in your short description as it will discourage users to read more about your product which will lead to a lower conversion rate
By now you must be having a detailed idea about how you can optimize your product page design for better traffic and conversion. There are a number of other factors like the text you use in your description, reviews, images inside reviews, and many more that can decide how effective your product page design is for the user. Most of the newly started ecommerce business comes across issues in their product page that harms their website traffic and conversion.
If your existing ecommerce website is facing the same issues then we recommend you get in touch with an experienced website design company for your business. Their years of experience in the website design industry can help you to eliminate all the mistakes and flaws that can harm your ecommerce website design and product page. They will ensure that shoppers are able to get the best experience while making purchases from your online store.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How do you do the SEO of your product page?
Every ecommerce website owner looking to optimize their product page may look for another common answer, How they can optimize their product page for SEO. Because every online store owner knows the importance of organic traffic and looks to drive maximum from it. But to do that you need to offer an optimized product page that makes it easy for the search engine bot to analyze your web page and offer a better ranking for the targeted keyword. If you are looking to optimize your product page for SEO then we recommend you follow the below-mentioned points:
- The first thing that we recommend you to do is optimize your title tag and make use of a unique meta description
- Always make use of descriptive header for better clarity
- Optimize your product image and make sure to use the alt attribute
- The internal linking will play another important part in getting a better ranking
- Make sure the description you are using on your product page is unique
- Make use of rich snippets
- Use high-quality images
- And more
If you are looking to get assistance on how you can get a better ranking on the search engine result page then it’s recommended to hire an experienced SEO agency for your website and business.
2. How to optimize the product page for better conversion?
Every ecommerce website today looks to enhance its website sales and conversion that is the reason why they make use of different techniques. But most of the time the small mistakes in the product page design becomes the primary reason behind higher bounce rate and lower conversion rates. Below we are highlighting some of the important tips that you can consider to convert most of the shoppers landing on your product page:
- The first thing that we recommend you to look into is the website CTA as most of the time ambiguous CTA becomes the primary reason behind the higher bounce rate.
- Make use of high-quality images and offer multiple product images to your site visitors.
- Don’t forget to add social proof
- Make use of videos on your product page
- The description you create and offer need to be clear and effective
- Make your product pricing clear to your customers
- And many more
If you are looking to create an effective and conversion-centric product page for your ecommerce website then we always recommend you hire an experienced website design company for your website and business. They will ensure to create and offer website designs that not only grab user’s attention but also encourage them to take action on your wordpress website.
3. What are the best ecommerce website builders to use in 2021?
The technology has made it easy for entrepreneurs to create a fully functioning ecommerce website for their business. But there are many ecommerce website builder platforms that claim to be the best but fail to deliver the desired results. Below we are highlighting some of the best and popular ecommerce websites builder platforms that you can use to create a fully functioning ecommerce website:
- And many more
These platforms can help you to create an ecommerce website for your business but if you are looking to create a design that grabs user’s attention and encourages them to take action on your website then we recommend you hire an experienced website design company for your business. They will ensure to create a design that matches user’s expectations and encourages them to take action on your website.
4. How much does it cost to create a product page?
Every entrepreneur looking to create an ecommerce website design for their business has one common question in mind: how much does it cost to create a fully functioning ecommerce website. If you are planning to create ecommerce website designs for your business then you must be having the same question in mind. Well the cost to create an ecommerce website differs, if you are looking to create a fully functioning ecommerce website with the help of an ecommerce website builder then the cost may range between $500 – $4000.
If you are hiring a freelancer then the cost may range between $1000 – $6000. On the other hand, if you are hiring a highly skilled and experienced website design company then the cost may range between $10000 – $50000. If you need a more advanced ecommerce website design then the cost can go beyond $50000. Now you must be wondering why to hire an ecommerce website design company, well the logic here is very simple and clear. The website builder can help you to create an ecommerce website design but you may not drive the expected results from it.
On the other hand, an experienced website design company can bring their years of experience in creating and offering a website design that matches your expectation and encourages them to take action on your website. Not only that but the design created by experienced professionals will help you to generate maximum revenue and ROI.
5. How do I build an effective and best ecommerce website design?
The best and effective ecommerce website design is created with the help of an effective strategy. If you are looking to create an ecommerce website design that helps you to drive more traffic and conversion on your website then we recommend you to follow the below-mentioned points:
- Starts with creating an effective plan
- Perform computer research
- Understand your audience
- Create a wireframe of your website
- Buy a domain and hosting for your website
- Create an effective SEO strategy for your ecommerce website
- Select a website builder
- Create an effective user-friendly design
- Add high-quality images to your website
- Write clear title and description
- Add review and testimonial
- And more
The design of your ecommerce website will play a major role in deciding whether users landing your ecommerce website will convert or not. That is the reason why we recommend getting your ecommerce website design by an experienced website design company that can help you to create a user-centric website design that drives more traffic and conversion on your website.